The cook position is responsible for all duties relating to purchasing, preparation and serving of all snacks and meals to the childcare centre. The cook is also responsible for the general cleaning and housekeeping duties as well as general maintenance of the childcare centre.
· Daily planning, preparation and delivery of wholesome and nutritious foods prepared according to Health Regulations and Canada’s Food Guide in consultation with the Supervisor.
· Follow a 4-week menu rotation ensuring adequate variety, adherence to allergy/diet restrictions of children and ensuring that all preparation is peanut-free.
· Responsible for purchasing of food and supplies need to complete food preparation/serving and ensuring that budgets are adhered to.
· Ensuring that the centre is exceeding all cleaning standards and is well maintained.
· Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
· To act as professional role models for children, volunteers, students and fellow staff members.
· To work together as an integral part of a team that meets the social, emotional and physical needs of all children in the childcare program.
· Participate in all YMCA training, workshops, meetings and childcare events.
· Provide positive social experiences including sharing, cooperation and role modelling the YMCA core values – Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Caring.
· Other duties as assigned by the Childcare Supervisor.
· Food Handler Safety Certification
· Experience in food preparation/serving
· Prior experience working with children an asset
· First Aid, CPR qualifications and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Years of Experience
A minimum of 2 years of experience in the food preparation industry
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.45 per hour
Must provide visual proof of full vaccination