Nature and Scope:
This part-time position reports to the Program Manager and is responsible for welcoming all customers into the YMCA and providing exemplary customer service.
Wage and Benefits:
Wage: 12.10 per hour
Employee benefits: YMCA Plus membership for staff, free parking available for evening/weekend shifts.
This position requires availability evenings and weekends. Availability during the daytime is an asset.
Start date: As soon as possible.
- To appreciate and support YMCA values, mission, and vision
- To demonstrate energy, dedication, and enthusiasm
- To sincerely and generously serve all
- To thrive in an atmosphere of change and diversity
- To work as a member of a team
- To achieve planned results through a personal initiative with the Association’s guidelines and policies
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
Greet each member, participant, potential member, volunteer and staff with a smile, using their name when possible
Provide assistance and information to each member, participant, potential member, volunteer and staff.
Promote membership sales and service in a positive and professional manner:
- Before each shift review the communication log to update yourself on current programs, services, special events, memos, etc.
- Provide sales, tours and invite prospective members to join
- Provide program and membership information
- Strive to stay informed and up to date on all YMCA programs and services being offered
- Develop positive relationships with participants, peers, volunteers and parents
- Solve member concerns in a customer-oriented manner
- Serve each member, participant, potential member, volunteer and staff quick, friendly service when they are visiting the YMCA in person or when they call
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to internal human resource issues and membership
- Work effectively with all departments to ensure excellent communication regarding programs and services
- Support and work as part of a team to ensure excellent service to both customers and fellow employees
- Respond to all concerns in a positive and supportive manner
- Maintain a neat, clean, safe and organized area
- Be responsible for the security of cash and to balance receipts and floats
- Be in proper uniform when on duty
- Attend all staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required
- Any other assigned duties to Member services staff and area
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Outgoing personality
• Excellent telephone skills
• Basic computer skills
• Clear police record check
• CPR & First Aid an asset
Please note that only those selected will be contacted to arrange an interview. Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Criminal Record Check at the candidate’s expense.