- Members must be 16 years or older to use Fit Centre.
- Youth between 14 - 15 years must have an orientation before they can use the fit centre machines and supervised by a person 18+.
- Proper attire must be worn while in program areas at all times. Indoor, closed-toe athletic shoes must be worn at all times during dry land programs and while in the fit centres. Shirts must be worn at all times while working out in the building.
- It is the expectation when using exercise machines, weights, mats, bars or any other piece of equipment that facility users will wipe them down after use, and return all equipment to its proper rack, room or storage location.
- We request that you do not use cell phones in change rooms, program areas and fitness classes.
The YMCA of Saskatoon recognizes that changes in the way people communicate and share their stories with each other has made photography a common part of everyday life.
We also recognize that the advent of inexpensive, high-quality digital photography equipment has created a new, ubiquitous behaviour whereby many parents extensively document the lives of their children.Therefore, it is not inappropriate in the public spaces of our facility to use photography to celebrate successes, share special moments or encourage others to pursue healthy lifestyles.
However, if you do choose to use your smartphone, or any other camera, we ask that you show courtesy toward other users of the facility and exhibit discretion in what you capture in the scene.
Please limit your photos to your own activities, and make every effort to protect the privacy of others.
It remains forbidden to take photos or videos anywhere there is a reasonable expectation of privacy, including all YMCA change rooms, showers, steam rooms, saunas, family change rooms, bathrooms, etc. Contravention of this rule is grounds for immediate cancellation of your membership and prohibition from future use of the YMCA, and may result in further action by the Saskatoon Police Service.
Squash and Racquetball
The YMCA has 5 squash courts and 2 racquetball courts with sprung wood floors that can be booked in 45 minute intervals. Squash and racquetball equipment can be borrowed at no charge from the Member Services Desk. There is a minimum age requirement of 14 years to reserve a court without adult supervision.
The courts can be booked up to six days in advance either by telephone or in person. Courts can be doubled booked except during our peak times which are 4:45-8:30 pm daily. During peak times, if a court is empty, inquire with the member services to see if the court is vacant and if the time slot is empty you may continue to play. Outside shoes or black soled shoes are not permitted on the courts.
Starting March 1, 2020 you will be able to book courts ONLINE. To prepare for this, First stop by the member services desk to confirm your email address & phone numbe, then click on the download button below to set up your online account.
The YMCA has a gymnasium for those who wish to practice their sport. Like all areas at the YMCA, when the gymnasium is not being used for scheduled programs, it is available for member's use on a first come, first serve basis.
Outside shoes or black soled shoes are not permitted on the gym floor.
Pool (25 Meters)
Martial Arts Room
Lockers + Totes
There are five different locker rooms
Women's General, Women's Plus, Men's General, Family, Men's Plus & Access change rooms. Showers are available in all locker rooms along with day use lockers.
- The Men's Plus and Women's Plus Locker Rooms are for adults 18 years of age and older.
- Parents changing their opposite gender children ages 3+ must use the Family locker room.
- Parents changing their same gender children must use the Men's/Womens' General and Family locker rooms.
- Children are not permitted in the Men's/Womens' Plus locker room.
- If you have your own lock, please feel free to use it. We can not guarantee a lock will be available to borrow.
- Any locks left on overnight will be removed and the contents of the locker will be kept for two weeks.
- Day lockers (which take quarters) are available near the member services desk for valuables.
- The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.